Saturday, October 27, 2012

Petra, Jordan

Jordan is one of the beautiful countries in the Middle East, Full of wonderful places and tasty food. It’s hard to describe Jordan in one post because there are many things you need to know and visit so I decide to tell you about my trip to Petra.


As all of us know Petra is one of the world wonders, is an Arabian historical and archaeological city in the Jordanian governorate of Ma'an; that is famous for its rock-cut architecture and water conduit system.

I won’t forget the day when I visited Petra with my family and friends, it was awesome. I was living in Amman which is four hours from Petra by car. To go to Petra, you can go with Tour Company or even you can drive yourself to that area, but in Jordan there’s nothing called GPS!! so you will need either to have the area map or its better to go with tourism company . In your way you will see a great places and nice views.



When you reach Al-Petra, you need to walk 30 minutes until you reach the rock-cut fossil or you might ride a camel or horse to reach there. You will amaze by the wonderful view and how it’s still until our days sculpted on the rock with the pick-orange color fossil, in the same area you can find old Roman amphitheater.

 
 
When you visit Petra with Tour Company, usually they take you to the heart of desert in a place call Wadi Rum, which is near Petra. You will enjoy the nice view of sundown. Next, they usually arrange a traditional Jordanian dinner for all the tourism, with sound of Jordanian music.

Its was one of best trips for me that I will never forget.There are more historical and nice places in Jordan. Trust me, you will not regret it.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post about Jordan. It sounds like a beautiful place I would like to visit one day. In enjoy looking at the pictures you post along with describing the scenary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, thank you so much, I'm so happy that you enjoyed reading about Petra, It's really nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a friend stay there this past summer and she said it was the best experience of her life. She enjoyed both the food and the scenary. It really made me want to go. Lol. I enjoyed the pictures. They really pull the whole blog together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, I really enjoyed your article about Jordan. Your pictures are beautiful and your description of Jordan makes me want to go buy a plane ticket! :)
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience of this country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get the best accommodation Ensuring its excellent service, Exclusive Tours help you in providing the best and comfortable accommodation for your family which is included in the package for your Petra tours and jardon tour
    Thanks
    petra tours

    ReplyDelete